Eco-walk programme for July 27th, 2013.
Theme- ‘Know Your Plants’
- 8.30 am to 9.30 am: Introduction, assemble at venue and breakfast
- 9.30 am to 11.30 am: Eco-walk with learning on plants, their dynamics, identification, uses, dependent species and many more.
- 11.30 am to 12.30 pm: Visit to Project kaanana – Forest Under Construction site and planting saplings / Deweeding
- 12:45 pm to 1.45 pm: Lunch
- 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm: ‘Gundia- conservation’ documentary movie screening and discussion on the same
- 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm: Western Ghats conservation challenges
- 4.00 pm to 4.30 pm: discussion on conservation issues
Visiting Experts: Shri A.M. Annaiah, IFS, APCCF, MD, Comand Area Development Authority, Shimoga & Kesari Haravu, Film Maker of Gundia Dr.Harish Bhat and Others.
PLEASE NOTE :
In the event of rainfall prior to the event date or on the day of the event , there would be slight change in the field activity.
Participants are encouraged to carry water bottle & a hat to maintain the work efficiency at site during afforestation plus a umbrella would be an added advantage in the event of rain.
Participants are requested not to take Kids below 12 years.
Murali : email@example.com (+919481247783)
Prahallad : firstname.lastname@example.org (+919900506075)
RK Mission LL : 08027858022 or 08027858113
(Use these LL Numbers if you are not able to reach us on Cell numbers mentioned above)
How To Reach R. K. Mission?
Car Pooling (Please ensure pooling because it is all about conserving energy) .
Ideally it would be wise to go with Car pooling. In case car pooling is not possible one can use BMTC services.
- Take the Bannerghatta Road from the Bangalore City.
- Cross the Bannerghatta National Park – the road curves to the left at that place near the Bannerghatta Police Station.
- Proceed further towards Jigani Industrial township. Halfway, on the right handside you will see the Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli hoarding. (You will also notice a Swamy Ayyappa temple hoarding).
- Take a right turn there and drive for about 10 kms. Do not take any side roads (rare and few) that you will come along.
- Travelling through the Bannerghatta National Park reserved forest, you will have to cross the Ragihalli village to come over to Shivanahalli.
BMTC Bus Service
The BMTC Bus no. is 370. From Kalasipalya, Departure :- 6:15 A.M , 7.30 A.M, 9.30 A.M, 12.30 P.M, 2.30 P.M, 3.30 P.M, 6.00 P.M, 9.00 P.M
The Ramakrishna Mission is located at the entrance of the Shivanahalli village. The locals can always guide you to either the Ramakrishna Vidya Kendra or the Sri Sharada Devi Chikitsa Kendra or the Brahmananda Vana.
View Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli, Anekal Taluk, Karnataka in a larger map