A green event & “Eco-walk” programme for this month is planned on 31st March 2013 (Sunday) at Ramakrishna Mission Campus, Shivanahalli, Anekal Road, Bannerghatta.
The programme will commence at 8:30 AM with brief introduction of all participants soon after breakfast. This will be followed by “Know your Nature” walk, introducing to the world of wildlife and nature with bird watching, know the plants – why symmetry in nature, butterflying, landscape ecology, intricate pattern of nature etc, culminating to the Forest under construction (Project Kaanana) site, where interested volunteers can plant saplings, water the already planted saplings and pay respect to mother nature.
After lunch, series of interactive talks planned:
1. Swamiji’s introduction on Project Kaanana.
2. Dr. Harish Bhat, CES, IISc: Challenging Missions
3. Deepak B.R. Advocate, Supreme Court of India : Journey of Night Safari project battle
4. Dr. Arun Shah, Bear Rescue Centre, Bannerghatta, wildlifesos: Rescuing and rehabilitation of wildlife – A challenge
5. Amar Sharma, Amateur Astronomer: Astronomical diversity.
Followed by interaction with the participants. Interested can contact R. K. Mission website and participate.
Number of participants will be limited to 50.
RK Mission LL: 08027858022 or 08027858113
(Use these LL Numbers if you are not able to reach us on Cell numbers mentioned above )
Breakfast & Lunch will be arranged for all those who have intimated through registration.
Participants are encouraged to carry water bottle & a hat to maintain the work efficiency at site during afforestation.
How To Reach RK Mission ?
View Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli, Anekal Taluk, Karnataka in a larger map
Ideally it would be wise to go with Car pooling. In case car pooling is not possible one can use BMTC services.
1. Take the Bannerghatta Road from the Bangalore City.
2. Cross the Bannerghatta National Park – the road curves to the left at that place near the Bannerghatta Police Station.
3. Proceed further towards Jigani Industrial township. Approx after 2 KM, on the right handside you will see the “Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli” hoarding. (You will also notice a Swamy Ayyappa temple hoarding). Take a right turn there and drive for about 10 kms. Do not take any side roads (rare and few) that you will come along.
4. Travelling through the Bannerghatta National Park reserved forest, you will have to cross the Ragihalli village to come over to Shivanahalli.
Ask for directions from the villagers to Ramakrishna Ashram for more help.
BMTC Bus Service
The Ramakrishna Mission is located at the entrance of the Shivanahalli village.
The locals can always guide you to either the Ramakrishna Vidya Kendra or the Sri Sharada Devi Chikitsa Kendra or the Brahmananda Vana.
The BMTC Bus no. is 370. From Kalasipalya, Departure :- 6:15 A.M , 7.30 A.M, 9.30 A.M, 12.30 P.M, 2.30 P.M, 3.30 P.M, 6.00 P.M, 9.00 P.M