Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli is a branch of the Ramakrishna Mutt and Mission, Belur. Ramakrishna Mission is a philanthropic, volunteer organization founded by Swami Vivekananda on May 1, 1897. The Shivanahalli centre of the mission was started in the year 1983 focusing on integrated approach towards development in the hamlets around Bannerghatta forest near Bangalore. The mission conducts extensive work in the areas of education, health care, rural development, tribal welfare, environment conservation and culture. The Mission bases its work on the motto of the organization Atmano Mokshartham Jagad-hitaya Cha. Translated from Sanskrit it means For one's own salvation, and for the good of the world.
In Shivanahalli, the mission has a hospital, an elementary school, a vocational training center as well as co-ordinates a self help group.